The Old Rectory: Ferndale’s Newest Accommodation
This IS the old Catholic Church Rectory, built in 1884. A magnificent, 2-story, fully restored large Victorian home and grounds in the loveliest of Ferndale neighborhoods. Two blocks off Main Street and close to everything. The Old Rectory is sometimes called the “Dollar House” because Viola McBride, a local philanthropist credited with preserving much of Ferndale’s rare beauty, bought it for one dollar when the church was going to tear it down. She moved it from its location at the church to where it sits today. It was lovingly restored and is now one of the very best examples of original Eastlake Stick Victorian architecture.